We seek individuals who love children, are passionate, creative, and flexible, and dedicated to our mission of providing "Joy in Learning. Excellence in Education."
Countryside School is an accredited, independent school serving students in kindergarten through eighth grade in Champaign, Illinois where the University of Illinois is located. We offer students a broad hands-on education, which integrates a challenging core curriculum with art, music, drama, technology, world languages, physical education, character development, and global community service. Countryside is an equal opportunity employer.
What do we offer?
- competitive salary with excellent benefits
- small classes of highly motivated students
- fun & collaborative work environment
- supportive & appreciative parents
- excellent professional development
- fully resourced classrooms (teachers do not need to spend their own money)
- autonomy to do what is best for our students
At Countryside, we seek out and hire the best and the brightest. We value teachers who not only love teaching but also have additional enriching life experiences. The majority of our faculty have advanced degrees (Master's or PhD) beyond their Bachelor's degree.
As Countryside teachers, we…
- Fully embrace the Countryside mission: Joy in Learning, Excellence in Education
- View our profession as both a practice and a calling
- Work collaboratively
- Believe all children can achieve great things
- Treat children with dignity, respect, empathy, and compassion
- Place student needs at the center
- Customize and personalize learning for our students
- Organize learning around experiences
- Structure learning to make relevant connections
We provide the professional development, autonomy, resources, and technology our teachers need to transform each class into a learning adventure – and our teachers do it every day.
Conquered the Escape Room
Our faculty meet once a month for professional development, staff training, and team bonding.