We currently have one open position
4th Grade Teacher
Start Date: August 1, 2021
Application Deadline: July 15, 2021
Countryside School is an accredited, independent school serving students in kindergarten through eighth grade in Champaign, Illinois. Our faculty is creative, passionate, and dedicated to our mission of providing “Joy in Learning, Excellence in Education.” Our students and families are engaged in their educational experiences.
We offer students a broad hands-on education that integrates a challenging core curriculum with art, music, drama, technology, world languages, physical education, character development, and global community service. We provide active learning, encourage intellectual risk-taking and curiosity, and promote a culture of respect and compassion. Countryside emphasizes responsibility and commitment to the community and challenges students to think of themselves as global citizens.
Countryside School is seeking a 4th grade teacher to bring creativity and expertise to our combined 4/5 classroom. Countryside is an equal opportunity employer.
Countryside School seeks an experienced upper elementary/middle school educator to help realize the mission and vision of the school.
- Fully embrace the Countryside mission: Joy in Learning, Excellence in Education.
- Work collaboratively.
- Treat children with dignity, respect, empathy, and compassion.
- Customize and personalize learning for students.
- Organize learning around experiences.
- Structure learning to make relevant connections.
Specific Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Motivate and instruct students in the subject areas included in the Countryside curriculum.
- Prepare lessons, units, and materials to achieve above.
- Nurture social and emotional development of each student.
- Participate fully in Countryside’s calendar of days and events.
- Engage actively in curriculum development, design, and execution.
- Participate actively in professional growth and development programs.
- Attend and actively participate in all school meetings.
- Cooperate with colleagues and parents in providing a superior educational experience for each student.
Qualification & Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary or Secondary Education or related/similar academic discipline
- Classroom teaching experience in a grade 3-8 setting, 1-3 years experience preferred
- Knowledge of current pedagogical strategies and high proficiency with educational technology
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative and cooperative mindset
What we can offer you:
- Health insurance including vision
- Dental insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with a 7.5% match by the school
- Life insurance policy
- Long-term Disability insurance
All Countryside School employees and volunteers must agree to a comprehensive background check.
Individuals interested in the position must provide:
- Cover letter
- Two professional letters of reference
- Copy of college(s) transcripts
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email and send this information to Krystal Young, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.