Congratulations to our performers who received a "Best of Day" Award at the IESA Music Solo and Ensemble Contest on Saturday. Each judge selects a "Best of Day" from their room. These are the students who throughout the entire contest gave the best performances of the day.
- Mixed Instrumental Ensemble- 7th graders Ryan and Dan – "Pavane pour une infante défunte"
- Piano Solo – 7th grader Ryan – "Liebestraum No. 3"
- String Solo – 7th grader Sierra – "Sonata in D Major"
- Woodwind Ensemble – 7th grader Benjamin and 8th graders William and Kevin – "Polka"
- Woodwind Solo – 7th grader Benjamin – "Phantasiestucke"
In addition to the "Best of Day" Awards, we had 25 students competing in the competition and nearly all received 1sts! Well done!