COVID-19 building closure: As we do our part to help flatten the curve and stop the spread of COVID-19, our students are engaged in remote learning. Currently, the building is closed until at least April 30.
The best way to see what Countryside is doing during this time is to engage with us on social media: Countryside Facebook
To learn how we are delivering our classes digitally: E-Learning during COVIDTo see our basic school communications: COVID-19 Updates
Middle School Applications: Applications are due March 31. With the building currently closed, please submit applications via email to our Admissions Director, Judy Kaplan, email@example.com
- Scan or photograph each page and email to Judy Kaplan
- Send photo of your child to Judy Kaplan
- Ask your recommender to email the teacher recommendation directly to Judy Kaplan
- Mail your check for the application fee to the school
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Countryside School!
What once started as a school for a handful of families in a leased storefront is now a flourishing educational institution on 14 beautiful acres.
Everything we do here at Countryside is intentionally aligned to our simple, yet engaging mission to foster joy in learning and excellence in education. Simply put, Countryside is the school you wish you could have attended as a child.
One thing visitors notice, on first acquaintance with Countryside, is the comfortable, family-like atmosphere. Our hallways are filled with happy children and supportive adults. To me, this joyful culture captures the essence of a great independent school.
By browsing our site, you will get a glimpse of some of the ways our mission is fulfilled at Countryside, not only in the classroom, but also on the athletic field, on stage, on field trips, during after-school club time and service learning projects—anywhere our students come together for education or recreation.
Over its lifetime, the school has served hundreds of students from Champaign-Urbana and the surrounding communities. They have grown and developed within a fast-paced, challenging program and a warm, caring environment. Among the many benefits of a Countryside education, a student here will;
- develop character-building qualities that are stressed throughout the year
- become at ease with speaking, acting, and performing before a group
- learn to communicate in an open, honest, and respectful manner
- be encouraged to take risks, in a safe environment
- accept personal responsibility for actions and decisions
- appreciate differences between individuals and among cultures
- learn to manage time effectively
- absorb material and ideas and make them his or her own.
You will learn a lot about Countryside from this web site, but the best way to understand what happens here is to come and visit us. Please call or email us, and we will be delighted to show you our gem of a school.
Krystal Young, Interim Head of Administration
Judy Kaplan, Director of Admissions