We have two part-time job openings. Administrative Assistant and Middle School Computer Programming Instructor.
Position Opening: Computer Programming Teacher, Part-Time
Start Date: January
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Countryside School is an accredited, independent school serving students in kindergarten through eighth grade in Champaign, Illinois where the University of Illinois is located. We offer students a broad hands-on education, that integrates a challenging core curriculum with art, music, drama, technology, world languages, physical education, character development, and global community service.
A highly qualified and talented faculty engages students in active learning, encourages intellectual risk-taking and curiosity, and promotes a culture of respect and empathy. Countryside emphasizes responsibility and commitment to the community and challenges students to think of themselves as global citizens. Within a caring and creative environment, students are encouraged to strive to meet their potential as learners and as unique individuals.
Countryside seeks individuals who love children, are passionate, creative, and flexible, and dedicated to our mission of providing "Joy in Learning, Excellence in Education." Countryside School is an equal opportunity employer.
Countryside School seeks an experienced computer science professional to act as the Middle School Programming Teacher. This part-time teacher is responsible for teaching one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:50-2:50 pm to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. The ideal candidate has is an expert in Scratch, loves working with middle school aged children, is enthusiastic, and dependable.
- Teach one section of Middle School Programming, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1:50-2:50 pm
- Prepare lessons, units, and materials to achieve above.
- Cooperate and communicate with parents, teachers, and administration on the progress of each student’s growth and development.
- Accurately report student’s progress regularly to parents and administration.
- Attend evening Middle School Showcase events once per quarter.
- Set high expectations for students and self.
Qualification & Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary or Secondary Education, Computer Science, or related/similar academic discipline.
- Classroom teaching experience in a middle school setting.
- Commitment to the mission and philosophy of the school.
- Knowledge of current pedagogical strategies and high proficiency with educational technology.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and cooperative mindset.
- Love of learning.
All Countryside School employees and volunteers must agree to a comprehensive background check.
Individuals interested in the position must provide:
- Cover letter
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email and send this information to Stephanie Harman, Head of School at email@example.com.